Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Upcycled bunting

I have been collecting preloved linen for a while now with a quilt in mind. ooh I love op shopping and these old sheets are becoming more difficult to find. Some sweet prints but despite a couple of washes they still smell like ...well op shops I guess. Or moth balls or granny's cupboard.  Some of them are quite worn and faded. It's great to give them a new lease of life. I have cut some 3 1/2 inch squares for the quilt.


I am not too sure where I am heading with it just yet so in the meantime, I thought I would use some of these pretty sheets and pillowcases in a bunting for my craft room. Very scrappy, very easy. I stitched them onto the bias binding pretty randomly, used some teal stitching-the messier the better I think...some dyed doilies here and there and taaadahh my blank white wall is a bit happier.







The sunny paisley is my FAVOURITE!

3 comments:

Sheree said...

Your bunting looks fabulous Lea! I love the frayed edges and doilies!

Sheree xx

karlyn Jackson said...

very cute rustic scrappy bunting.....love it!

Yvette Adams said...

Oh gorgeous Lea. You have a great selection of vintage sheets! I haven't found ANY yet! I think Canberra's not old enough. We don't have much to choose from!