Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Making progress

Tonight I began basting my quilt with the intention of quilting it tomorrow arvo.
Once all the pins were in and my little loves were fast asleep, I couldn't help but make a start on the quilting.



I am using a white chenille bedspread for the backing-it belonged to the Mister's Grandfather.
I am quilting along the diagonals. It's looking... umm very 'handmade'...but I am happy enough.

I am just having a tea break and watching Jaws 3. Have you seen it? Were you a Jaws fan?

Again, I'd love to know if you recognise any squares that you sent into the fabric swap. 







8 comments:

Sheree said...

Lea it's looking so fabulous!!!! I love that I can see some of my fabric squares in your quilt too. So fun! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Sheree xx

Fiona said...

Looks great ... a lovely combination of fabrics.

Squiggly Rainbow said...

How beautiful! You are so clever - patchworking is on my list of things to get better at. I love your colours! xx

Yvette Adams said...

It's looking wonderful! Yesterday I cut out more squares for my quilt. I think I'm making it 11x16 rows. But I'm just guessing here... Row many rows did you make yours? I can see 11 in one direction but can't tell the other.

Zara said...

Lea it looks fantastic. I need to get going with mine, I'm just a bit frightened of the quilting bit, having not done any before. x

nicole said...

it's looking amazing! quilting is definitely on my to-do list for this year...
can't wait to see it all finished!
xo

elethea said...

great job on the quilt. love the idea of using a chenille blanket as backing. i might try that with my next quilt.

Mardi said...

Lea...its so lovely seeing the quilts taking shape....I cant wait to begin on mine too.
I recognise two of these fabrics....the last one....and the second one...
Mardi x