I am so amazed, intrigued and inspired by those that regularly just 'whip up this and that'.
Somedays I am barely able to whip up the evening meal!
Not today though.
Today I just whipped up this quilt top.
The Mr laughed when I mentioned it...'sweetie you did not just whip it up...it took you hours'.
Well I felt like I whipped it up. Oh those florals made me so happy.
So I have been *over*thinking things today.
Last year I didn't make any resolutions but today I have found myself pondering the possibilities for the new year. 2011 had it's challenges, that's for sure...but we've turned a corner these past few months and I'm feeling more peaceful and more hopeful than ever before.
Twelve things in 2012
- Make healthy, nutritious meals. It is not okay to skip breakfast. It is not okay to eat Anzac biscuits for breakfast just because they have oats in them.
- Make a plan. I will be calmer, less anxious and more puctual if I have a plan. I will also be less likely to get a speeding ticket.
- Make moving a part of my every day. Walk, run, dance. Stretch. Breathe.
- Make stuff with the kids. Get messy and get making.
- Make a date with the Mr...often.
- Make time for me. Make time to do the things I love.
- Make new friends.
- Make some clothes. Be brave and have a go at making some grown up things.
- Make a herb garden. Those pots have been empty far too long.
- Make do. Just make do with what we have on hand. We do not need any more stuff.
- Make a difference. Big, small...just make a difference. There is much to do.
- Make the most of every day. There is joy all around. I just have to keep my eyes open. Always.
What are your intentions for the year ahead?