Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sewing on a Thursday

It wasn't on my agenda today but I was waiting for some paint to dry-literally, and I decided to make a little skirt for Lulu. Much like this one, wouldn't take more than 45 mins. Lulu chose some vintage sheeting from the shelf and I set to work.

I decided to have a go at something new (to me) so I made a ruffle for the bottom. It is rare that I sew with a pattern.  I tend to work things out as I go, mostly because I am too impatient to follow a pattern. There was a bit of quick unpicking. Pfftt! It's never 'quick' is it?! Anyway an hour and half later I had a completed skirt. Hooray!



Part way through it became evident there was too much fabric in it for Lulu. I mentioned it was going to be too big for her and thank goodness she said 'we'll have to give it to Bella cos she's big'. So Miss 10 has a new skirt waiting on her bed to try on after school. Funny thing is she's not so much of a pink floral type. I predict she will team it with her red converse boots to make it more her.

So now I am off to do some painting and maybe tonight I will sew another, much smaller skirt!

Linking in with Creative Spaces


7 comments:

Zara said...

Love the floral and checked combo.
x

Claire said...

Too cute and will look great with red converse boots.....
Nice to have little projects to turn to when you have time on your hands....despite the unpicking..

Claire :}

Little Gumnut said...

mmmm yes, loving that unusual combo!

Fay said...

Beautiful skirt!

Brave New Fiona said...

Just lovely! Go you with no pattern. Here that, that is my hat coming off to you Miss. Good thing you got a big one and a littler one to sew for, back ups for mishaps hahaha. Always a delight. xx

karlyn Jackson said...

Well done on the gathering, see it's not that hard is it?
Looks very cute. x

Bungalowgirl said...

Go the frill! I sew the same way, all completely made up on the spot, patterns are too hard for me. I think you are just a tad more productive than me though in the sewing department. I need to finish painting first. melx