Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Untitled

School hols are off to a roaring start with a lung infection, two down with a vomiting bug and one sporting a case of head lice.
My mantra this week has been 'this too shall pass'.
Needless to say, there hasn't been a lot of making going on. I am loving this beautiful Autumn weather though. We've been blessed with sunshine but it's jeans and long tops most days. Jeans are my most favourite thing to wear. I've been doing a bit of baking and some pottering in the garden in between mothering our sickies.
Yesterday I brought a little bit of green indoors just for fun!


 Cushion from My Bearded Pigeon


The cupboard, a second hand purchase $40 if my memory serves me right. Fowler jar and cane basket become planter, both thrifted. Botanticals prints torn from a thrifted book. Wooden box, salvaged from the inlaws place. Seaglass collected once upon a time plus some spikey bits collected by Lulu. 

Sometimes it can be the simplest of things that fill my creative cup-a little vignette, a bit of baking, cutting the roses or just taking a few photographs.

Are you on school holidays too?
Do you feel a bit crazy when there isn't any time for making?
How do you squash a bit of creating into a busy day?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lea,I'm green with envy, literally. I want your cupboard! I love it! I have been trying to find one of these for about 6 months now. If you ever spot another one please let me know, I'm serious! I really enjoyed seeing pictures of your little homage to green. Sorry to hear that you have a house full of sick bods, but it will pass as you said. Time to find my jeans as we are heading out for dinner tonight in Griffith and it's a bit cool.

Max said...

What a lovely little corner, i especially love the botanical prints on the wall. I just set up a nature table in the porch for my kid to put her autumn finds on-its more brown than green but its nice to have the outside in x

Yvette Adams said...

I love your beautiful vignette.

I really want to sew a new dress but I haven't had the opportunity yet.

I hope the sickies are much better now.

Zara said...

Love all the green touches.
The botanical prints are lovely on your wall.
x