I love Christmas and all it's bells and whistles but truthfully, I find it such a busy and often hectic time of year.
Our calendar is filled to the brim with end of year school activities, Christmas functions for work, school and sport, hospital appointments and a couple of birthdays thrown in for good measure. My head is abuzz with all the Christmas things I want to do with and for our family.
To prioritise what is truly important to me, I thought would make a bit of a list of things that I want to do or participate in, during the weeks ahead. I must mention that I am not normally a list girl. More of a fly by the seat of your pants type girl. Let's see how it goes though hey!
1. Put up the Christmas tree
2. Organise the Christmas books
3. Do Mum's Christmas shopping
4. Listen to a Christmas CD in the car on the way to school
5. Create a Christmas display in the entry
6. Donate gift to the Kmart Christmas Tree
7. Make strawberries dipped in white choc and green sprinkles
8. Take kids to Mr's work Christmas party
9. Sew Christmas skirts for girls (do not leave this until Christmas Eve this year!)
10. Finalise my Christmas shopping
11. Wrap Christmas gifts
12. Make Christmas deco for our Christmas dinner host
13. Make Bubba's chocolate/pistacchio stuff and package some for friends
14. Take kids to Tball Christmas party
15. Donate groceries to charity
16. Finalise my Christmas shopping!!!
17. Watch a Christmas movie
18. Invite friends over for Chrissy drinks
19. Bake and decorate Christmas cupcakes with children
20. Take kids to get annual 'Santa photo'
21. Make reindeer food
22. Go for a drive to see the Christmas lights
23. Visit Bethlehem display at local school
24. Organise a snack for Santa and crew
I am thinking I should bump that Santa photo up the list a bit. Every year I leave it until the last minute and the queues are HUGE!
Are you a list girl?
Do you get the 'Santa photo' taken too?