Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Ta dahh a quilty type blankie

Last week I spent my down time stitching up a little quilt for my niece, Harmony. Her mama loves purple so purple vintage sheets it was. I've used some white chenille backing with a touch of floral. There's no batting sandwiched in between. I prefer a soft, light blanket style when using the chenille. The chenille has the perfect amount of snuggly and it's very warm. Simple quilting with random straight lines, I think it'll be a beautiful addition to her bassinett. More photos to come once it's been gifted.





Have you been making lately?
What do you like to do in your down time?
Have a happy week!

7 comments:

Patsy said...

Funny, being a collector of vintage sheets, I think I have ALL of those sheets you have used! They must have been such popular designs. You've done something really wonderful with them though, the blankie is gorgeous.

Zara said...

I havent come across chenille bedspreads while op-shopping. They sound like the perfect backing though.
Your quilt is beautiful.
x

Kelly Ingram said...

So, so gorgeous and lovely, Lea. You've done a beautiful job :-)

karlyn Jackson said...

love all that purple lea, Emily will love it. I've been making cushions, quilts and about to start chopping into vintage blankets. Soooo much to sew sooooo little time. xxx Miss you x

Yvette Adams said...

Oh it's beautiful Lea. She'll love it.

Well in my downtime I've been making dresses and skirts. I'm done for a while tho!

Bungalowgirl said...

Gorgeous quilt Lea. Love this concept of using different size squares and rectangles as it would hide my beginner issues of all the joins not lining up. And yep, I recognize a few sheets in there too. mel x

naughty shorts! said...

Beautiful and inspiring. These cool evenings are making me feel a bit quilty...