Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Belle's Buttons

My father-in-law discovered this treasure trove of buttons recently while cleaning out the shed at his mother's place. Our Nanna Belle recently turned 98! Amazing!!! She is fighting fit but resides in elderly care now so her home is being sold. During the tidy up, this precious tin of buttons was gifted to me.


The tin is an old film case and it is chocablock full of interesting and beautiful buttons. It really is a treasure. There is SO much to see.
Here's a little sampling of what's inside...

Belle's Buttons

10 comments:

Nelly said...

Oh buttons and ones with history how lovely Lucky you.Thanks so much for dropping into my blog too and I am so happy K loves her things.It was fun making the scarves for them all.I will be doing a post on her gift this weekend.I am now going to be following you as it looks like you have the same taste in things as me.

Nelly said...

Ok I am having trouble following yoi.The top follow button wont work sooo let me know xxx

Yvette Adams said...

I even love the film container. There are some really cool buttons in there.

How come you didn't post pics of the rubber stoppers? LOL

karlyn Jackson said...

oh how lovely you have some of Nana Belles treasures. I love the yellow flower and the green ones down the bottom. I'm seeing some yo yo's with some special centres.

Sheree said...

Wow Lea what a fantastic tin of treasures!!!

Sheree xx

Mardi said...

Gosh Lea....what a treasure...cant you just imagine the story behind all those buttons and bits.
Or rather.... wouldn't it be lovely to know the story!
I have a similar tin from my Grandmother...I cant bring myself to use any of it though....I love it just as it is...
Mardi x

karlyn Jackson said...

loving all your BIG pics too....much better!

Just like Martha said...

wow it must have been like Christmas....wow if those little buttons could talk! I couldn't think of a more deserving person to find such a stash - enjoy x

Bungalowgirl said...

What a fantastic button stash, can't wait to see what your plans are for them. melx

Tania said...

Wow! A true treasure trove of buttons. Love the blue any yellow ones.